1366 Technologies is poised for the next level of growth. We are looking for an exceptional individual to help build out our world class organization. The Post-Growth Technician will work closely with other technicians and engineering staff in high paced, high technology environment, focusing in downstream applications/processes. The employee will work carefully in a self-sufficient manner, with given direction from engineering and management staff. The employee will be responsible for handling delicate product, as well as chemicals with hazardous characteristics. The use of proper personal protective equipment is vital while handing chemicals of this nature, and prior experience in this area is highly necessary.
- Learn up to seven process steps for independent work
- Operation of process steps on a daily basis to maintain product flow
- Daily Report on yield and process performance
- Work with engineering staff to optimize processes
- Transport and handling of hazardous chemistry
- In particular concentrated acids & bases
- Largest quantity is a 55-gallons, using drum transport equipment
- Consistent use of proper personal protective equipment in all lab settings
- Flexibility in daily tasks, dependent on internal & customer needs
- Flexibility to work overtime on occasion
- Ability to adapt to changing process conditions and maintain work flow
- Ability to work well with others
- Good communication skills – written & oral
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years in environment with frequent chemical handling
- Use of extensive personal protective equipment and safety procedures
- Preferred experience in PV Solar or semiconductor industries
- Full-Time, Hourly pay
1366 Technologies aims to make solar energy the cheapest form of power the world has ever known. The Company’s Direct Wafer® technology replaces a decades-old solar manufacturing process to make a superior class of silicon wafers, the building blocks of solar panels, at a fraction of today’s cost. 1366 has strong financial backing and currently operates a demonstration factory in Bedford, MA. The next phase in the company’s growth is to build a large-scale commercial factory that would serve the rapidly growing $10B silicon wafer industry.
1366 is widely recognized as among the most innovative in energy and is the recipient of numerous awards including: Finalist for the 2018 Zayed Future Energy Prize, Bloomberg New Energy Pioneer, MIT Technology Review’s 50 Smartest Companies, and World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.