1366 Technologies is widely recognized as among the most innovative companies in energy and is the recipient of numerous awards including: MIT Technology Review’s 50 Smartest Companies, Bloomberg’s New Energy Pioneer, Finalist for the 2018 Zayed Future Energy Prize, CeraWeek’s Energy Innovation Pioneer and the World Economic Forum’s Technology Pioneer.
The company has solved a 40-year-old manufacturing problem for the solar industry: is it possible to make a better manufacturing process for silicon wafers? The silicon wafer is the most expensive part of a solar panel, and our innovative Direct Wafer® technology replaces the decades-old wafer manufacturing process largely responsible for the wafer’s expense. With our Direct Wafer® technology, we make a superior class of silicon wafers at half the cost and one third the energy. 1366 has strong financial backing and currently operates a demonstration factory in Bedford, MA. We have successfully tested our wafers with many of the world’s leading cell and module manufacturers and are now scaling the technology. This phase of our growth involves building a large-scale commercial factory in South East Asia that will serve the rapidly growing $10B silicon wafer industry. For applicants, this step represents a unique career opportunity.
We are expanding our team of world-class individuals to support ongoing development and growth. Specifically, we are looking for a Senior Engineer with the ability to function as a strong technologist, work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment, and drive technology of a brand new manufacturing process.
1366 Technologies has been developing our innovative DirectWafer® process over the past several years and we are eagerly preparing for an expansion of our pilot manufacturing processes into our first full-scale factory in 2019.
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain professional to join our fast-growing team as we pivot to manufacturing and begin commercializing the technology and building the first plant.
This position will lead all supply chain activities supporting both R&D and the implementation of the commercial factory. These activities include sourcing, purchasing, planning/scheduling, inventory management, warehousing, logistics, and strategic project management. This is a unique opportunity in a well-funded young company to get in on the ground floor and create part of the backbone of a high-tech manufacturing company to revolutionize the Solar industry.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business Administration and 5 years of experience in Supply Chain
- At least 5 years of experience working throughout the Supply Chain function.
- Deep understanding of the End-to-End supply chain in manufacturing
- Ability to lead large diverse multinational projects
- Highly motivated professional who wants to join one of the most exciting companies in solar technology
- Must have a proven history of doing hands-on problem solving & processing
- Must have working knowledge of ERP systems
- Knowledge of inventory management and effective replenishment systems
- Strong Analytical and PC skill: MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong work ethic with a demonstrated ability of being a strong team contributor.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to manage strategic suppliers
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods